When buying an option, what does “buy to open” mean?
All “buy to open” means is that you are opening an options trade by buying a call. Once your trade is executed, the call option shows up in your brokerage account. From then on, it will fluctuate in value up and down.
Over time, we will send you an email alert to take profits (or cut losses) by “selling to close” the option. Selling to close will close the trade, and the cash proceeds from selling the option will be deposited in your account.
It’s important to note that in this service, we will only make two types of options orders: “buy to open” and “sell to close.
For more information on options investing, click here to view our primer.
- How To Trade Our Research
- How to update my mailing or email address?
- Who is Zach Scheidt?
- What is included in the Agora Financial Advisory Reserve?
- I have a Comcast email address. How do I add your email address to my safe senders list?
- What is PSV*Jim Rickards’ Unrestricted Clearance?
- Who is Peter Coyne?
- Who is Jim Rickards?
- Is it possible to subscribe to all of Agora Financial’s publications for one discounted price?
- What is Jim Rickards' Strategic Intelligence?
- About Agora Financial
- Agora Financial Reserve Memberships
- Credit Card Statement Information
- Emails from Agora Financial
- Exchanges (Coinbase & Bittrex)
- Frequent Investment Questions
- Fund Transfers
- General Crypto Questions
- Getting Started with my Subscription
- My Account Information
- My Privacy
- Need More Help?
- Orders and Payments
- Publications and Editors
- Refund Policies
- Subscription Renewal
- Using the Website
- Wallets (Trezor)