How do I open an options trading account?
For this service, you’ll need what’s called a “Level 2 options account.” For this, you’ll need to fill out a quick three- or four-page form that your broker will provide you.
If you call up your broker’s customer service line or email them, they’ll provide you with an option account application form. It will ask a few questions about your financial situation, investment background and interests.
Be sure to check the boxes that say “buying calls and puts.”
Once you submit this form, your broker will typically give you approval within two or three days.
For more information on options investing, click here to view our primer.
- How To Trade Our Research
- How to update my mailing or email address?
- Who is Zach Scheidt?
- What is included in the Agora Financial Advisory Reserve?
- I have a Comcast email address. How do I add your email address to my safe senders list?
- What is PSV*Jim Rickards’ Unrestricted Clearance?
- Who is Peter Coyne?
- Is it possible to subscribe to all of Agora Financial’s publications for one discounted price?
- Who is Jim Rickards?
- What is Jim Rickards' Strategic Intelligence?
- About Agora Financial
- Agora Financial Reserve Memberships
- Credit Card Statement Information
- Emails from Agora Financial
- Exchanges (Coinbase & Bittrex)
- Frequent Investment Questions
- Fund Transfers
- General Crypto Questions
- Getting Started with my Subscription
- My Account Information
- My Privacy
- Need More Help?
- Orders and Payments
- Publications and Editors
- Refund Policies
- Subscription Renewal
- Using the Website
- Wallets (Trezor)